See You Later, A Bientôt and Hasta Luego

One part of the whole leaving-the-country-for-the-Peace-Corps thing that I will not get used to is saying goodbye (or see you later as I was corrected many-a-times).


I finally made the trek back up to Northern California to say goodbye to everyone who stuck around after college. The first stop was San Francisco to chill with one of my very close friends, Mikey. She has been my artistic and movie buff counterpart since high school and I finally got to experience SF like a true San Franciscan. We watched Spring Awakening, listened to music, traveled around talking about our favorite novels, and just continued on as if we never left each other's side. It was awesome to say the least.


After the little mini trip to SF, I went down to Pacific. It was great to smell and feel my old stomping grounds, even if I was just a visitor this time. I'll definitely miss the walks over the levee, the smelly trees that bloom in the Spring, and being an RA. While back on campus though, I spent every minute seeing friends and professors--and yet it wasn't enough to see everyone I wanted to see. So to everyone I missed... sorry! I said a few see you laters  and left to travel on my last, nostalgic drive on the 5 (freeway, for all you non-Californians)--complete with glorious views of cows and the aromatic manure smell (no joke).

The trip, as a whole, was short, but made a huge impact. It's a bit sad I won't see everyone for 2+ years, but I am counting down the days until I am in Guatemala!

No comments:

Post a Comment