Big Change, Big Hills (Training in Guate)

It has been exactly one week since I have been in Guate! Huzzah.

I have made it through an amazing first host family-- The Lopez family, no less -- who were a great first face to see in Guatemala. My P.C. hermana, Abra, and I definitely bonded with the family and even managed to learn a traditional dance from Gabriel, our host parents' eldest grandchild. Abra and I practically have la cancion numero seis seared into our heads.

Currently, I am living with a new host family in a larger, hilly town. Apart from sweating profusely and turning tomato red in the sun, I am learning more about the culture and what it means to be a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Sorry I don't have any pictures for you! I promise, next time, I will carry my thumb drive when I head over to the internet cafe.

P.S. For those still wondering... one bag finally arrived half an hour before leaving for National Airport. Bag number two though, is lost with all my clothes, shoes, and P.C. items. I was prepared for big changes, and I guess this is my first...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Linda!!!
    WE MISS YOU!! and we call every two days to united so probably un dia de estos aparecera tu maleta....
    Your family in L.A.

    ReplyDelete