Hey Babe, I've Got a Package for You

Here's one thing we volunteers look forward to: packages!

So when I noticed that my name was on the 'package log' at the Peace Corps office front desk on Tuesday, my hands were jones-ing for some U.S. swag similar to the way I imagine Lindsay Lohan itches to be that cute red-headed-and-like-able-Disney star she used to be.

I waited a minute to ponder what I might be getting, digested the idea and readied myself.

But when the package finally reached my eager hands, I began to notice some things. First thing: the Target bag speckled with the red and white logo. The next thing: the name written on the package was 'Belinda'. Umm... 'Okay', I told myself as I found it odd that Target could ship all the way down to Central America and then get my first name wrong. But after some coaxing from Abra and one of the staff members, I opened the package.
It was:
a baby towel with a cute little giraffe on it. Well, that's odd. But maybe there's some prank-like message on the receipt to explain the package, I told myself.

Then, I saw the receipt. It detailed that the sender was from Ohio and that the package should have gone to a place called 'Guatemala Place' in Virginia! How exactly does a package that was meant to just cross a couple of states, get all the way to Guatemala (another country)?

I sure as hell wasn't sure, so I took Abra's advice and wrote the couple who was supposed to receive this package a note on the receipt. There is a modified picture of it below.

So Jerry and Belinda L. from Virginia... I hope your package finds you!
And hello from Guatemala, Central America.
Love,

Linda L.





3 comments:

  1. Hello, Just to let you know that the address Guatemala Place probably refers to a street address that is used instead of the diplomatic post office box system. Some US companies will only deliver to street addresses and not post office boxes overseas..it means that the person that was supposed to get the package works at the US Embassy....maybe someone from PC can just take it back to the Embassy. Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both Anonymous commenters...
    To anonymous #2, I gave the package back to the P.C. office and they told me they would speak to the Post Office about it. But thanks for the tidbit of trivia!
    All I'm hoping for is a safe return of the package to Jerry and Belinda.

    ReplyDelete